Specialised freight services are required for any freight movements that have unique requirements, require sensitive handling and packaging or are high value.
What considerations are there for specialised freight?
There are many additional considerations when handling specialised or sensitive freight. This includes:
- Understanding weight distribution throughout the shipment
- Considering the best packaging to protect sensitive items
- Logistics around pick-up and delivery to unique locations such as laboratories or hospitals
- Employing specialist equipment such as forklifts or cranes for pick up and install
- Working with tight timelines, including overnight and weekend deliveries
What industries require specialised and sensitive freight handling?
- Healthcare solutions
- Medical equipment
- Dental equipment
- Scientific & laboratory equipment
- IT power and technology
- Large printers
- Exhibitions, conferences and trade shows
What types of specialised freight services are available?
- Carton – For small consignments up to 30kgs, utilising vans and small trucks.
- Tailgate Service – Includes vans, small and medium and large size trucks and included up to 15 minutes on-site at both pickup and delivery.
- Tailgate Express Service – Included vans, small and medium and large size trucks and up to 15 minutes on-site at both pickup and delivery and includes an express timeline.
- Rite on Site – Utilising vans, small and medium and large size trucks and including up to 30 minutes on-site at both pickup and delivery.
- Dedicated Service – covers regional and remote areas based on return km from City GPO.
Alternatively, visit our webpage on sensitive freight transport to learn more about our service offering.